On our blog, we'll be tracking our learning journey throughout 2013. Please join in and help us by providing feedback and comments. We'd love to hear from you!
From Mrs Marshall & Room 14

Thursday 20 September 2012

Part 1: Leaving Holland (by Jilles, age 7)

Do you have any feedback for Jilles on his first draft?



One lunch time in Holland, my dad said, "Jilles, we want to live to New Zealand". When I heard that, my eyes were raining on my face and my legs moved from one side to the other.

My mum said to me, "But it's a secret."
"But, Mum, I want to tell everybody!" I said. "Mum, are my friends coming with us?"
"No," said my dad.

Two months later, a fast truck came driving down the street. Dud!  The truck stopped in front of our house and four men came out of it. The large door at the back opened.
"Let's take a look at your house," said the men.

The furniture went in the truck and my brother and I played on the movers' trolley until it was time for that to go in the truck too. All of our clothes went in, too.

We had to stay with our cousins for two days, then my uncle came to drop us off at the airport. Out of the car window, cars, people, planes and a gigantic building that is nearly halfway to the clouds. An hour later, the rest of my family and friends who we did not expect, came to see us...but then we had to step in the plane. the door closed. The plane moved to the runway...


To be Continued



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic writing Jilles. I was about the same age as you when my family went to live in another country. We moved from England to Swaziland (Do you know where Swaziland is?). It was scary but quite exciting!
    Looking forward to the next part of your story.
    Gillian (Seans' mum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good explanation of your feelings Jilles! Yes it is a big step in your life! You are doing so well, we are SO proud of you!
    Can't wait to read the next part of the story.
    Hugs from your mum and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story Jilles. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete