On our blog, we'll be tracking our learning journey throughout 2013. Please join in and help us by providing feedback and comments. We'd love to hear from you!
From Mrs Marshall & Room 14

Thursday 20 September 2012

Bungy Jumping at the Fair (by Gracie, age 7)

Do you have any feedback for Gracie on her draft so far?

One day, Mum, Dad and I went to the fair. When we got there, I saw the mini bungy jumps, and my legs thundered over to them. 

I said, "Mum? Dad? Can I go on the bungy jumps?"

"Ok," they said, "But just one turn."

I got ready and hopped onto the trampoline. I saw the people around me doing flips and somersaults. They looked like they had done this before, but it was my first time. I could feel myself wanting to be like those people, but I had never seen anything like this before. 

Next, I could feel the rubbery trampoline gripping onto my feet. Then I felt myself in the air. Like a bird in the sky. But then I started to wobble and I couldn't stop! 

"Mum! Dad! What's happening to me?!"

The person who ran the bungy jump saw me wobbling and asked if I wanted to keep going.

"I'd like to hop off," I said. 

I felt frustrated that I had to hop off. I had really wanted to keep on going. 

I'll have a go NEXT year....


3 comments:

  1. Hi Gracie. Fantastic writing. I've never been on a bungy jump. Does **** mean sick?
    Katie (Rm9)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie did you feel sick because I WANTED TO have a go . by ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story!!! I love how you said "Mum! Dad! Whats happened to me?! Great story!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete