On our blog, we'll be tracking our learning journey throughout 2013. Please join in and help us by providing feedback and comments. We'd love to hear from you!
From Mrs Marshall & Room 14

Thursday 20 September 2012

My First Time on the Diving Board (by Bailey, age 7)

Do you have any feedback for Bailey on his writing?


Come on, Bailey, you can do it!

My teeth chatter as I look into the water far below me. I don't think I can.

I take one step further, and I can see other people pouncing off into the water like dolphins. Everybody is waiting for me to dive, so I start to bounce.

I'm shaking, but I jump. I'm above the sparkly clear water, then my feet touch it. I swallow water, and my mouth is full of the taste of salty chlorine.

I am so cold, but proud and happy that I did it. I thought I was too scared to ever do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment