On our blog, we'll be tracking our learning journey throughout 2013. Please join in and help us by providing feedback and comments. We'd love to hear from you!
From Mrs Marshall & Room 14

Thursday 20 September 2012

Learning Time (by Taine, age 7)

Do you have any feedback for Taine on his writing so far?


In a quiet Maths time, I challenged myself to an incredible question. I said to myself, "How do I make 327?"

I had materials with high numbers adding up to 327, and I also had tens frames with counters, beads and so I thought, "I know what materials to add to make 327!"  

When I had figured it out, I looked at my hand. It was as inky as the whiteboard marker! After that I felt so happy, and I moved onto the next activity on the laptops.

The last thing left to complete was the Literacy Station. I said to my group, "What game shall we get?" Noah looked at Maia. Maia looked at Ella, Ella looked at Taylor, Taylor looked at Grace, then everyone looked at Sean. 

Sean picked the game. It was called "Making and Breaking". You have a board and there is a big pile of sound cards in the middle. You take turns picking up the cards. Some of the cards have vowel sounds and some cards have the other sounds. You have to put the cards together to make words that make sense.




4 comments:

  1. Wow Taine, you are such a clever boy! Your writing is amazing. Well done.
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nise work Taine. from jilles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good writing Lewis.From Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Taine!!! I liked how you made the characters talk. Jack

    ReplyDelete