On our blog, we'll be tracking our learning journey throughout 2013. Please join in and help us by providing feedback and comments. We'd love to hear from you!
From Mrs Marshall & Room 14

Monday 14 May 2012

The Super-Moon (by Brenna, age 6)


Yesterday and on Saturday, the moon was amazing.

On Saturday, the moon was very, very bright. On Sunday, the moon was amazing, too. It was big and orange.

On Sunday night, my family went down to St Clair beach. We took the car. It was nice and warm in the car, but when I got out, it was freezing! I had to put on my puffer jacket.

We did no swimming, and didn’t even go down to the beach. We saw the moon and I thought that the moon was orange because the orange lights were shining on the moon.

Later that night, I went outside with my parents and saw the moon again. It was still orange.

I’m really happy that I didn’t miss it!

Brenna's Interesting Fact Did you know that the moon is bigger than New Zealand and Australia put together. Amazing, eh! New Zealand and Australia are pretty big, but the moon is even bigger!


Mrs Marshall adds…..
Do you want to know why the moon was so big and orange on the 5th and 6th of May? Click here.
You can also view the Otago Daily Times (ODT) report here.


8 comments:

  1. What an amazing story Brenna, I love your use of descriptive language such as bright, freezing, amazing and big. Paints a great picture for the reader :)

    Miss Gaul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you miss gaul.from brenna.

      Delete
  2. Brenna, what a wondeful piece of writing. I saw the same moon in England. How awesome is that!
    Gillian (Seans' mum)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Gillian.From Brenna.

      Delete
  3. Hey Brenna I loved the way you said we did no swimming.

    from your best friend Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you peta.from Brenna.

      Delete
  4. To Brenna,I really love how you wrote about the Super Moon.From Taylor
    Williams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you taylor.from brenna.

      Delete