On our blog, we'll be tracking our learning journey throughout 2013. Please join in and help us by providing feedback and comments. We'd love to hear from you!
From Mrs Marshall & Room 14

Monday 14 May 2012

The Most Exciting Weekend (by Gracie, age 6)


In the most exciting weekend, I was at home. I was bored.

Suddenly something sprang into my head. I thought,
“I think I should skip!”

I went outside to fetch a rope. I finally found one. I went to skip, but…I couldn’t! I tried and I tried, but I just couldn’t skip!

I asked my Mum, and she said,
 “Ok, I’ll teach you!”
 “Great!” I said.
 “Come on!”

We both went outside. I picked up my skipping rope, and Mum said,
“Right, let’s start! First of all, we are going to fling your skipping rope behind you.”

So I did that.

“Then slowly bring it in front of you and jump over it.”

I tried. I tried again and again until I finally got it, and I was so happy.



3 comments:

  1. Gracie I liked how you used I tried. I tried again until I finally got it.

    From Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gracie I liked the way you said until I got it,and I was so happy.

    from Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gracie,

    I really liked how you described the steps to learn how to skip, I felt like I was there skipping with you and Mum. Fantastic writing!
    Love Daddy

    ReplyDelete